Today we can proudly present our new PROCLEAN window cleaning range, including all tools and features which are essential for professional users: window squeegees, window washers, telescopic handles, buckets, tools holders, scrapers, dusters,…
The new ProClean Range is the result of more than 2 years of hard work in development and design. ProClean tools are made of prime quality materials and meet every expectation of performance, durability and ergonomics.
Moerman is committed to continuous product development always keeping in mind its motto: “Durable tools that perform!”
Experience the new PROCLEAN window cleaning tools now!
When is a scraper blade needed?
The following situations would likely require the use of a scraper blade.
- After construction or decorating work has been carried out.
- Stubborn dirt or stains such as egg, bird excrement or splashes caused by pressure washing.
- When adhesive tape, vinyl lettering or stickers need removing.
- The first time windows are cleaned after many months or years.
Checks to carry out before using a scraper blade
Scraping glass with a scraper blade can damage the glass. Certain kinds of glass are more susceptible to scratches than others.
- Check if glass is scratch resistant and suitable for scraper use. (It is not recommended to use a scraper on Plexiglass, crown glass, solar glass, safety glass (ESG) etc.
- Follow the manufacturer’s care instructions.
- Perform a scrape test in advance on a hidden section.
- Before starting work, check the glass for damage and report it if necessary.
How to use a scraper blade correctly
- Never use a glass scraper on dry glass.
- Always use the blade on a wet surface.
- It is best to use with a soapy cleaning agent. This lubricates the blade and makes it easier to see where you have passed the blade (think of it a bit like shaving a beard!)
- Always scrape in one direction! Never pull the scraper back. (Dirt accumulated on the blade can be trapped under the blade and pulled over the surface of the window causing scratches.)
- Apply even pressure holding the blade flat against the glass. The corners of the blade can cause scratches.
- Change or reverse the blade if it becomes blunt, rusty or chipped.
- Clean the blade regularly by swishing it about in a bucket of water.
- Do not keep an open blade in your work pouches. Always replace the cap or retract the blade for your protection.
It is a good idea to ask the customer to sign a Scratch Waiver Form. (This is basically a simple form which states that you do not accept responsibility for any scratches that occur and that the customer understands that the task does carry an element of risk.)
Use the appropriate kind of scraper for the job at hand.
Last week Unger UK announced the launch of the company’s first online Store
The Store offers a comprehensive selection of spare parts for Unger professional Window Cleaning range, including water fed poles and traditional tools. The move to sell direct to consumers is another step towards 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee initiative, launched by Unger earlier this year.
With Unger products known for their quality and longevity, the Store will enable consumers to extend the lifetime of Unger equipment even further by providing an opportunity to seek competent advice and source parts without delay, direct from the manufacturer.
It is expected that an online presence will help the company to grow sales in other markets, with SmartFit™ Floor Squeegees and the NiftyNabber™ Litter Picking range also on offer.